- All 13 operation theatres are constructed, equipped and maintained as per latest NABH Standards with Laminar Flow and AHU Units, state-of-the-art equipment, adjoined by a sophisticated surgical intensive care unit, using the latest life support systems.
- Most Day care surgeries are managed in the Minor O.T’s.
- Separate pre-medication and recovery rooms are aptly located, adjacent to the main operation theater.
- The entire block is maintained as a sterile zone through periodic fumigation. Sterilization is double checked with periodic bacterial contamination detection by means of procedures dictated by the Microbiology Department.
- We have a separate CSSD with 2 double door autoclave , ETO and Plasma sterilizer which functions round the clock.
SMIMS has well equipped modern central sterilization and supply department (CSSD), which caters to the needs of patients and health care workers in the hospital.
CSSD is the nerve center of the hospitals which ensure safety to the patients who are undergoing various surgical and non surgical procedures in the hospital.
Our CSSD is divided in to 3 zones (Red, Green and Yellow)
CSSD has facilities for:
Green Zone: Collection & cleaning instruments using automated washer disinfectors and Ultrasonic cleaners,
Yellow Zone: packing of materials and sterilization by autoclave , Ethylene oxide for sterilizing heat sensitive materials and State of the art facility for rapid sterilization of laparoscopes, endoscopes, surgical instruments etc. by Plasma sterilizer and
Red Zone for Storage and Issuing Instruments.
Biological and chemical indicators are included in every pack of material sterilized, as a quality control measure.
There are well designed and executed recall and traceability for all materials sterilized in the eventuality of infection.
Well trained nursing staff and technicians provide round the clock CSSD services under the guidance of faculty from department of Microbiology.
|Specialty||No. of OTs|