SMIMS Medical Education Unit, seeks to transform medical education in the service of advancing the health needs of the community using innovative workshops which are held for medical teachers, basic (undergraduate) and postgraduate medical students.
The department extends help in preparation of learning resources.
- To conduct the Revised Basic Medical Education Workshop as per the NMC directives for the faculty of Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences
- Sensitize Faculties about new concepts in teaching and assessment methods.
- Develop knowledge and clinical skills required for performing the role of competent and effective teacher, administrator, researcher and mentor.
- Assist clinicians to acquire competency in communication and behavioral skills.
- Update knowledge using modern information and research methodology tools.
The Medical Education Unit Committee is re-constituted as follows with effect from 15-11-2021.
Dr. S.M. Kannan
Dean, Professor, Department of Urology
Dr. Reneega Gangadhar
Professor & HOD, Department of Pharmacology
Dr. M.C. Vasantha Mallika
Professor & HOD, Department of Community Medicine
Dr. Arun. T. Mithrason
Professor of Community Medicine
Dr. Vijitha Thomas
Professor of Biochemistry
Dr. R. Subburathinam
Professor, Department of General Surgery
Professor & HOD, Department of ENT
Dr. M.K. Siva Sree Ranga
Associate Professor Department of Anatomy
Professor, Department of Anatomy
Professor & HOD, Department of Microbiology
Associate Professor, Department of General Medicine
Associate Professor, Department of Pathology
Dr.Arun Pinchu Xavier
Assistant Professor, Department of Forensic Medicine
Ms. N. Vasantha Kumari
Mr. K.P Dipu
Mr. S. V. Ravi Varma
Mr. Vinu Kumar
Mr. Pilest .T
Photo & Videographer
Mr. Deepu G.S